Our update regarding COVID-19:
Our professional team of doulas continue make our clients’ health and safety our top priority. We are actively following the CDC and state guidelines for best practices and recommendations as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. We are still providing limited in-person labor/birth support, postpartum support, and placenta encapsulation with added precautions to enhance safety for all and make our clients as comfortable as possible. We are also offering virtual consultations and classes. In addition, you can now find virtual birth and postpartum doula services packages listed on our Services page. We always want our clients to be 100% comfortable with the care and support we provide. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time with any questions or concerns.
No agenda, just support for you and your growing family.
New World Doula Services provides professional and compassionate physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother and partner before, during, and after birth, serving Massachusetts cities and towns on the South Shore and Cape Cod, as well as Greater Boston. We are the premier doula agency on the South Shore!
Support During Your Most Transformative Experience
The Birth Doula
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves.” Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23076901)
Why should you hire a birth doula?
- Doulas help mothers and their partners prepare for and achieve the birth experience of their choice.
- Doulas stay with the mother throughout labor and understand the physiology of labor and birth and can provide physical support and comfort measures. Doulas can also serve as an objective point of view and information during decision-making both before and during labor. Doulas also help promote communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers.
- Doulas understand the deeply emotional memories that are created during each birth for both the mother and partner and work to make every kind of birth positive and empowering.
The Postpartum Doula
The role of a postpartum doula is to help a woman through her postpartum period and to nurture the family in a non-judgmental way. Unlike a baby nurse, our focus is not solely on the baby, but rather to foster independence for the entire family. Our primary focus is on the mother’s recovery from birth, as well as the initial adjustment of baby to the outside world. We offer professional, educated, nurturing, and compassionate care for your entire family.
What can a postpartum doula do for you and your family?
- Support the new mother by making sure she is well-fed, well-hydrated and comfortable.
- Ease the transition of bringing baby home through newborn care education for mothers, partners, and new siblings.
- Offer breastfeeding education and support, as well as bottle feeding education and support.
- Allow the family to enjoy more time with their new addition by offering light housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Offer sleep guidance and training as well as overnight sleep support (similar to a night nanny).
Placenta Encapsulation and the Postpartum Placenta Specialist
There are many potential benefits to placenta encapsulation and consuming your placenta after birth. Our postpartum placenta specialists are highly trained and skilled in processing the placenta using the traditional method of steaming before dehydrating, based on Traditional Chinese Medicine. (TCM)
What are the potential benefits to consuming your placenta?
- Less postpartum bleeding and faster postpartum healing.
- More energy in the days and weeks following birth.
- Increase in milk supply.
- Decrease risk of postpartum depression.
- Faster balancing of hormones postpartum.
- Increase in replenishment of iron levels and other nutrients.